Strangely enough, for me I only experience this behaviour especially in the animation editor, especially wrt to move/region tool specifically. I've only had this happen a couple of times in the XSI UI itself, and that was only after I started messing with my sticky key threshold (I usually lower it since I don't really use sticky keys, more press-and-hold) that I minimized the chances of it happening.

Yours sincerely,
Siew Yi Liang