After a long struggle with the subscription center my new “Maya with Softimage” license finally arrived today. So “happy, happy, joy, joy” (Ren and Stimpy style). But there seems to be one downside to this, which those of you still planning this “transition” might want to know about. The new license apparently strips you of your previous versions usage rights, i.e. I wasn’t able to run Softimage 2014 on this new license, whereas this was still possible with my recent Softimage 2015 license. It’s possible that this has been mentioned before and/or this purely a mistake I am making, if so, I’m truly sorry for the additional noise, but I thought it was a fact worth noting. Personally I can probably live without the previous versions usage rights, but I doubt everybody on this list can quite as easily. If this, however, is simply me doing something stupidly wrong, please tell me, so I can hunt for the mistake at my end.

Greetz
Leendert

--

Leendert A. Hartog AKA Hirazi Blue
Administrator NOT the owner of si-community.com