I see what you mean, but at least you don't need a beefy machine.

Here's another one I haven't heard much of yet:
http://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-pro-3d-models-from-photos/

and then you tell me how this is more convenient than having a desktop solution for this kind of stuff? please try to convince me ;)

cheers
vladimir