Thanks for the answers guys. I've just tried both Recap 360 and PhotoScan
Standard.
Got a little bit cleaner mesh from Recap (holes were caped automatically,
etc), but they were surprisingly similar. They both failed at the exact
same locations.
Recap spit out just one 8k texture which was only partially used (around
half of it). Anyone know if I can get a more / larger texture?

I used Ultra settings in both apps. Recap made a 500k mesh while PhotoScan
made a 2.6M mesh. So I can't really compare them time wise but I think
PhotoScan would be faster if I set it to use the same detail as Recap.

The image capture was to bad to call a winner, so tomorrow I will take new
(and more) photos in a better environment and (hopefully) get better
results.

/Jens

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Vladimir Jankijevic <v.jankije...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> and then you tell me how this is more convenient than having a desktop
> solution for this kind of stuff? please try to convince me ;)
>
> cheers
> vladimir
>

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Graham Bell <graham.b...@autodesk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you have Maintenance Subscription or Desktop Subscription for Maya,
>> Max, or Mudbox, you actually already have free access to ReCap 360. This
>> includes the Photogrammetry service Photo on ReCap 360.
>>
>> There is some limitation though, it’s capped at 50 images and export
>> formats are limited, but it’s more than good enough for some things.
>> You can subscribe to the service for an annual of something like £45,
>> then you can go up to 250 images and there’s more export formats.
>> The only things you’ll need are cloud credits for submitting data for
>> generation.

Jens Lindgren
Lead Technical Director
Magoo 3D Studios <http://www.magoo3dstudios.com/>