I don't think Max offers any unique advantage for arch viz or games. All can be
done anywhere else and in my opinion, more efficiently.

As much as I'd want that to be true I need to disagree: Max still is hands down
the single most efficient application for ArchViz. It comes with a ton of
import options, great and fast Spline editing features, good enough
proceduralism, a megaton of ready-made assets (Evermotion et al) already set up
for different renderers, excellent Vray integration, and ease of use for simple
scenes. I wouldn't want to do VFX with it (although some do), but for archviz
it's _the_  most cost effective solution by miles.

Sent from my iPhone