Does this even matter? Facts are...

1. Softimage is not available to anyone for purchase anymore
2. Softimage is not actively developed anymore

Sure, if you freeze your hardware, OS, and drivers at this point, you'll be
able to run Soft for the rest of your life. If that's what you want, be our
guest (and I mean this in the best possible way). I'm sure many facilities will
operate like that for a while, while looking for a viable alternative. Because
at some point, if they intend to remain competitive, they'll have to jump on to
something else.

I'm still running combustion 4. Because I seldom need it, but it does what I
need very well. But I have to deal with a lot of issues when I do. And because
my living does not depend on it. If it did, I'd be crazy doing this.

My $0.02.

Sergio MuciƱo.
Sent from my iPad.