Polygonal modeling in Houdini does feel a bit clunky and slow, mostly
because of the viewpoirt interaction. However there are some really cool
procedural modeling tools that I know miss when going back to softimage.

The bad news is that you will need a second app to do most of your assets,
but this could be any app c4d, maya, xsi, etc.