Hi Jeff,
don´t know for V2 but for the first one, i couldn´t found a direct
methodlogy for working in softimage with kinect.
For 3d scanning, i highly recommend you skanect, is simple, cheap and
powerfull enough for kinect capabilities, and then doing retopo in zbrush
worked ok for us. We never used the vertex colors from the scan since V1
has a very bad quality in its rgb camera. We use to take photos with a dslr
and then paint textures on Mari.
About motion tracking, we used Ipi soft for doing some tests (see link
attached, sorry i´m a bad dancer) with 2 kinects (it demands a lot of time
in setup and calibration) becuse with one camera tracking wasn´t enough
stable.

https://vimeo.com/79887493

Kinect V2 is not supported in Ipisoft, but in FAQ they state that: "Kinect
2 for Xbox is not possible to use. We will include support of Kinect 2 for
Windows as soon as it is released (expected in summer 2014)"
Quite interested in seeing Kinect for Windows 2 capabilities for 3d
production.
Hope this helps of something.
F.