Yes.  Instead of a dedicated installation like all past versions, the service
packs from now on will patch your existing installation (applies to 2015 only).

Matt

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Francois Lord
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:37 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Change License from Standalone to Network?

On 06-Aug-14 17:18, Matt Lind wrote:

That’s why you can no longer have Softimage 2015 and 2015 SP1 (when it becomes
available) installed side by side on your computer.

Wait, what?
You are saying that when Softimage 2015 SP1 comes out, and I want to start a
new project on it but also have another project already running on 2015, I have
to uninstall 2015 entirely on all render machines to install 2015 SP1 and force
all running projects  to move to the new version? Is that right?