my 5 cent:

i really think, the whole point comparing features of Softwares is highly
overestimated.
Of course there are very rational reasons of choosing one Software over
another:
The price, the features, the amount of jobs we think there are outside.
But at the end of the day, we could ask ourselves: Are we in 3d, because we
are purely rational
decision makers ? If so, i would be a lawer, do real estates, or try to go
after a job that promises more
money or prestige.
I guess, most of the guys in Animation wanted to do what they are truly
interested in, love, or just fits them.
So my humble advice: Stop comparing features. Go for Sympathy.
Why working with a Software, you dislike ? We will find a 100 reasons for
and against every package.
I know many of us don't have that luxury, and it might not appear
particularly professional
if you utter such a theory in meetings with people wearing suits. But for a
lot of us thats doable.
My rational side constantly tells me 2 packages i "should" learn, while i
find myself working with
something that i feel speaks to me. So i'll surrender to this one.

best, Philipp