Sam, not only do I feel exactly the way you do about paying monthly, but I
have had the exact same experience with Adobe CC.
I literally DO NOT TRUST After Effects anymore. That is a major shift from
how I felt before CC. I now do whatever I can to
avoid using CC. Autodesk already had me going down that road with Maya
being so unreliable unless you have teams of programmers to patch it into
something the small guy can rely on. Then came Softimage, and well, I think
we all know how I feel about what they did there.

Frankly, Autodesk won't lose me as a customer if (but more likely when)
they switch to rental only.
They already lost me when they killed Softimage. The question now is, how
many others will they lose
when people can't buy their software anymore, just rent it?

My guess is a whole lot more.

--

Perry Harovas
Animation and Visual Effects

http://www.TheAfterImage.com <http://www.theafterimage.com/>

-25 Years Experience
-Member of the Visual Effects Society (VES)