Been a while since I had to do in MR, but I seem to remember that the T2S
approach works with the mia_arch shader or Felix Geremus's mia_advanced
shader if you jump through a couple hoops of vector coordinate conversion.
Maybe -- get intersection point, convert from camera to world, then world
to object, which would go into the texture coordinate input for the normals?

Been too long to be more helpful, sorry!