From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Sven Constable
Sent: October-29-14 3:47 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Upgrading Softimage. Was: Stand-Alone to Network license?

Maybe its of interest to others: If you upgrade and you're non subscribtion
costumer, resellers will tell you you cannot update Softimage alone. You have
to choose a bundle. '3dsmax with soft' or 'maya with soft'. Nothing new to us
so far.
What was new to me is, the product you will receive is actually not a bundle.
You won't receive both products bundled together but instead a third product
with a different product key. You can check the product keys here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcartic
les/sfdcarticles/2015-Product-keys-for-Autodesk-products.html

As you can see the product keys for 3dsmax, maya and softimage are different
from the product keys for the 'maya with soft" and "3dsmax with soft". And its
indeed a combined installer package you will receive if you upgrade.
It's a different product on the ADSK side.
So if you thought: "Hell I'lll upgrade Softimage and get maya or max with it
and I don't care because I'll just upgraded Softimage!". You won't. You will
get a  kind of of zombied package that is not Softimage plus Maya and not
Softimage plus 3dsmax as ADSK and resellers stated. It's essentially a
different product.

That means if you're not on sub, you won't receive the same product even if
you're paying a lot more of money to upgrade your ADSK product.

sven