Hey Angus
Because we can't buy softimage any more, some of my clients don’t want to go near it for fear of not being able to make changes to a job in a few months time, or hire more people if needs be.
I therefore have to create this effect without the awesomeness that is ICE.
It is also a way to learn maya without turning to soft every time something is a pain in the ass (all the freaking time).
I really hope its not a code based solution though

On 2014-11-04 12:14 PM, Angus Davidson wrote:
And I suppose doing in SI and exporting via Alembic isn¹t an option ;)

I would be assuming python / mel script would be it.

On 2014/11/04, 11:38 AM, "Gerbrand Nel" <nagv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey guys. I ask here because this is till where the smart friendly
people hang out.
I need to change the size of particles based on their current position.
I need to create a grid like effect, so as the particles move through
space, they scale bigger and smaller based on their position in x and y.
In ICE this is easy, not so much in MAYA.
Anyone have any ideas for me?
Thanks
style="width:100%;">
style="font-size:11px;">This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are
competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University
and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All