In my experience, everyone complains about documentation, and I've
also read complaints about the Softimage documentation being terrible.
  I've been a customer of the Maya user guide, and I've found it good,
what did you not find? What does a "overhaul" mean and what would it
look like? I find the user documentation between the two products is
very similar.