I don't know about everyone else but I've been learning Houdini for a
couple months now and I am totally awestruck by it despite some weak areas
that it looks like it's improving on.The flow of data through the program
is wonderful and far better than Soft.  I got comfortable quite quickly
with it.  Helps to have a few guys around that know it ;-)

You can move compounds and vex nodes all over the place with very little
transition work i.e. I'm moving a deformer sop over to a shader with just
some coordinate conversions and I can easily build interfaces and
connections with uniformity and predictability.  I'm very happy with it and
I haven't even touched the dynamics or volume tools at all.