Thanks Graham for sharing your experience!

In Parallels, you can set your VM rez and scale-up..
... the screen will still shrink while the VM is "booting up," but once I log in to Windows, Parallels Tools kick in,
and I can resize the VM's root window and everything will scale nicely.
I can go into and get out of "Full Screen" and the screen also scale nicely as expected.
And In bootcamp you can be at any standard rez you want, (say 1920x1080 or whatever suits you)

Bootcamp Battery might be an issue if you plan on doing some ICE in the parc. :-]