Of course all chatter is (and should be) welcome.

But if say Premo got released, (maybe for extra revenue in light of recent events?)
which would make most SI users go ;

   hey! fast, capable, and featuring (easily) manageable complexity,
   Maybe not XSI... BUT (!!)

then I personally wouldn't cringe at the idea of either XSI abandonment,
or of this list becoming mostly about something else, or becoming predominantly a premo  ...
(or something that could much more easily qualify as what could supersede XSI at it's own thing) ... list.

Cause despite all that's been added to Maya t'il now, almost matching-up bullet point lists...
tweak tools, render trees, nodes, .. making snazzy demos showing things that look super-cool (which some of which are),

 it's still.. and will likely always be especially after all that,
a comparative pain in the ass *in the real world* to get to that dreaded 'point B'
or whenever there isn't dedicated teams for every single aspect in a pipeline.

From the perspective of people that got to know Softimage the under the sometimes intense fire of production.

In other words, through the many respective strengths of both Maya and Houdini,
each in their own way are just fundamentally not the same kind of thing, or -for- the same kind of contexts.

And I think XSI will continue to have purpose until such a day would come.

From Houdini Forum
      Can you work quickly in Houdini?

& Tweeted Tweet about Premo