You need to set the static kine state to the transforms of the parent null
so your actual deforming null doesn't use those transforms for the weight
calculation.
Just drag and drop the kinematics of the parent null to the static kine
state of the deformer.

I think thats how it was working. Otherwise theres also a video out in the
web which explains it in detail.