There is a workaround to allow them to exist together.
Please have a look at Luc-Eric's earlier post below:

"
install does a lot more, but if you already have 2015 installed, just
copying SP1 over and registering it will work.

note: you can do these steps on a single machine:
copy softimage 2015 folder to softimage 2015.old,
uninstall 2015, install 2015 SP1, copy the 2015.old back, do a
runonce.bat on 2015 and now you have both build installed on your PC.

"