That (the bug in Softimage related to third-party renderers) was a crash,
not a slowdown:

SOFT-8283       Softimage crashes when using the animation editor and 3rd
party renderer

SOFT-8283 was fixed in 2014 SP1

Then there was the extreme slowdown, fixed in 2014 SP2

SOFT-9089 Very slow access to the ICE attribute arrays