Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 18:55:53 +0000
From: "Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES]" <j.ponthi...@nasa.gov>
Subject: RE: ERROR : 2000 - Mesh structure error (corruption)
To: "softimage@listproc.autodesk.com"

Whatever this is, it's just insidious. I have models that are reading fine for days then suddenly out of nowhere it is corrupted upon opening a saved scene. It's almost as if the corruption is occurring upon the previous scene save. I can go back to the scene save prior and compare the edges or vertices or poly that are reported bad and in the prior save they are different components than the ones being reported corrupt in the current scene. At least they are in different places on the geometry.

A lot of these models do have user normal clusters but that's all as far as clusters go. I guess I'll try to hunt them all down and delete them. The worst offenders weren't created in SI and I have no pedigree on what they were made in but it's clear that SI can't handle them safely.

--
Joey Ponthieux
LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES)