When Softimage can get a license, you won't see anything from
FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS=3
The license manager should show what licenses are checked out.

If you really wanted to see what license Softimage interactive tries to
check out, you'd have to stop the license server and then start Softimage
with FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS set.

Softimage 2015 SP1 will cascade through the licenses like this:

Feature:       86269SFTIM_2015_0F
Feature:       86270SIECS_2015_0F
Feature:       86458SIECS_2016_0F
Feature:       863983DSMXS_2015_0F
Feature:       864733DSMXS_2016_0F
Feature:       86400MAYAS_2015_0F
Feature:       86441MAYAS_2016_0F
Feature:       86243ENCSU_2015_0F
Feature:       86435ENCSU_2016_0F
Feature:       86248ESEC_2015_0F

Autodesk® Softimage® 2015
Error: there is no interactive network license available to run Autodesk
Softimage 2015.
Would you like to run in Standalone mode?
Yes   No

Feature:       SFTIM_F_S