Hi

You could increase the verbose of Mental Ray, then MR prints out the render
time per frame.
But if you compare render time, I would recommend to render one image. Perhaps
a lot of samples.

The "same" scene could be a problem.
If you apply default Maya illumination or light shaders, then you get a complex
MRay shader that mimics all features of the Maya
shader.
They are slower than the SI MRay shaders.
That's why it often speeds up your scene if you e.g. apply a simple MRay Light
shader to the light in Maya.

For a 100 frame render, you might be able to use a python script that starts a
batch render render and waits until it is done.

Holger Schönberger
technical director
The day has 24 hours, if that does not suffice, I will take the night

  _____