For me the screen goes black if a frame takes more than a couple of seconds
to process. But it still refreshes every frame, but turns black in between
frames. I think this happened when they introduced the functioning stop
simulation button. The new button is located on the top toolbar and when
everything goes black you can still press that one.
The old behavior was that if you pressed the stop button, it would still
simulate until the frame was done and then stop. This could take forever
and you were better of just killing Softimage.
The new behavior stops the simulation directly which is much better IMO.

/Jens

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Morten Bartholdy <x...@colorshopvfx.dk>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have recently upgraded from SI 2013 SP1 to 2015 R2 and have subsequently
> started doing emFluids5 simulation in 2015. I have noticed that there is a
> significant difference in the visual feedback when simulating. In 2015 the
> screen quickly goes blank white while simulating, which means I have to
> finish
> simulating and check the cached files afterwards to get an idea of what the
> simulation looks like. In 2013SP1 I can see every frame of the simulation
> as it
> progresses so I have the option to CTRL abort it if I see something that
> needs
> changing.
>
> I wonder if anyone here has noticed something similar? Is this a
> regression of
> the viewport interactivity in SI2015 or are there perhaps changes in the
> emFluid
> version that might cause this?
>
> It should not be a graphics driver problem as such, since I can switch
> between
> the two versions running identical simulations and everything looks fine
> in 2013
> whereas 2015 goes blank while simulating.
>
> Cheers
> Morten
> ------
> Softimage Mailing List.