Yes, but as we know a lot of people pay them not very willingly. Matter of
choice.
So, conspiracy theory, all they need to do after they plant arnold within
Maya and/or Max is to just mess SDK a bit. Not as if they haven't already
on purpose or by accident.
Vray suddenly having glitches and bugs, the promises of fixes prolong.

Just imagining things, but who knows.