I had a feeling from the get go you had some weird install or something not
finishing during install.

I would remove, python from your machine, remove pyside, and remove pyqt.
Make sure softimage internal python is working again. until that is the
case, don't move forward. Remove them using proper uninstallers if you can.
Undo anything you did to the PATH, PYTHONPATH, or PYTHONHOME.

Install python, I have 2.7.3 at home and 2.7.6 at work. you can try 2.7.11
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Install pywin32 217
Turn off internal python in Softimage, test to make sure this works. If it
doesn't work... I am lost.
Otherwise...
Install ONLY PySide, I think 1.2.1 is what I have at home but 1.2.4 should
work too.
In softimage, try to use PySide...
"from PySide import QtCore"
If this works, install the PyQtForSoftimage plugin, beta6 support PySide.
Now run the examples.