I had an external artist using Windows 10, and I couldnt make
PyQtForSoftimage work on it, if I remember right it was this out of range
error. I had to leave it due to time constrain things, and that we don't
use windows 10 ourselves. But the PySide implementation that comes with
Shotgun toolkit worked alright, probably that doesn't help you at all but
just to let you know that I also found that problem with win 10.

external Python 2.7.3 / PySide 1.1.3 / PyWin 218, the same config works
fine in windows 7