Did you try creating and setting the environment variable "PYTHONHOME" to the
path of your "external" Python?

Greetz
Leendert
AKA Hirazi Blue
Softimage hobbyist, admin at si-community.com & xsiforum.de

On 30/06/2016 13:33:16, Martin Chatterjee
<martin.chatterjee.li...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi Steven,
To anyone else listening... has anyone gotten PyQtForSoftimage working on
Windows 10? If so what is your configuration... Softimage version, python
version, pyqt or PySide version, etc.

I've got one relatively new box on Windows 10 Pro and just gave it a try.

I can confirm that on my side Softimage does already crash on start up when
trying to use the external python at all. This is without PySide or the
PyQtForSoftimage addon involved.

Windows 10 Pro
Softimage 2015 R2 SP2
Python 2.7.11 x64
PyWin32 Build 220
No PySide/PyQT installation

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to try to hunt down a potentially
working set of software versions, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks, -M

--
       Martin Chatterjee

[ Freelance Technical Director ]