When I did a lot of them – what served me the most was a 6 camera rig.

6 camera’s at a 90 degree angle (including up and down), with square image
ratio and 90 degree opening.
You can render with any software, no need for special shaders.

Remap the 6 renders on the planes of a cube, and re-render with whatever fancy
panoramic or spherical or 360 shader you want for final output – or deliver as
is.
A 2 stage render workflow, with 6 camera’s has it’s own pitfalls – but I found
it rather all rather straightforward and unproblematic.
A bit frustrating that you can only have 4 viewports at once – but at least in
a square viewport you can see very well what you are doing.

Make sure to test volumics, displacement, particles, lens shaders, SSS and FG,
even simply sampling...  before deciding on a method – there’s some bad
surprises to be had.
The 6 camera rig solves pretty much all of it since you are doing a totally
regular render.
Square renders (at 1k if you go for 4k total) fly like crazy, compared to a 360
view.
They better since you need to render more of them, but I’d rather debug in one,
quick render view – and render the other views when problems are solved.
Rendering one angle at a time – there are plenty of opportunities for
optimisation as well. Do not underestimate rendering a full 360 degree world to
a single high res view at once.