Hi all,

Its been awhile since I was around these parts. I know this has been
covered a fair amount and I have been going through previous posts and
general looking around on line, so sorry if there's a bit of overlap and
noise.

We're looking to give Maya a try on a shot with a current project. I was
hoping some of you might have some advice when it comes to working with
maya on a project server. Right now my biggest question is how people are
structuring there maya workflow when it comes to plugins or setting up the
equivalent of a workgroup for maya.

We would prefer to work with absolute paths (//servername/projects/) if
possible. Currently we create a workgroup per project in the relevant
project folder. That way the workgroup for that project looks at all the
relevant addons, keeps the correct addon version for the project and helps
with keeping everything consolidated when the project is backed up. Has
anyone done something similar with maya where a project only points to the
plugins that are relevant to the project?

I might have a few more questions that I think of as I go along but any
advice or help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Darren