Hi everyone,

I hope you are well. I had a quick question about Maya's Time Editor, I was
hoping someone maybe can help, or push me in the right direction.

When storing animation in Softimage's Animation Mixer we had the option of
isolation which channel we wanted to store. However, in Maya's Time Editor I
can't seem to save a particular channel marked in the Channel box as a clip, it
will instead remove all of the animated parameters that belong to the object.
i.e. if the position of a sphere was animated, how do I just pull the y channel
and leave the other two channels x and z on the object? The same for rotations
vs position vs scale, or even the size or colour of an object etc. The same for
constraints - how do I separate a point cns properties vs a rotation cns? I
want to be specific about which channels are stored.

Does anyone know? I can't seem to find any reference to it in the help files or
online. It just rips off everything - even the options in the Time Editor>
File>Add Animation from Scene Selection don't facilitate this. I'm sure I'm
missing something - maybe its connected to Character Sets? Or channels that are
marked?

Thanks again.

Sofronis (Saf) Efstathiou

Principal Lecturer and BFX Competition & Festival Director
Computer Animation Academic Group
National Centre for Computer Animation

Email: sefstath...@bournemouth.ac.uk<mailto:sefstath...@bournemouth.ac.uk>

Tel: +44 (0) 1202 965805

Profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/sofronisefstathiou

Student Work:
http://www.youtube.com/NCCA3DAnimation
http://www.youtube.com/NCCADigitalFX
http://www.youtube.com/NCCAAnimation

C:\Users\sefstathiou\Pictures\nccalogo.jpg]<http://ncca.bournemouth.ac.uk/>
Dropbox\Work_Files\NCCA\VFXandAnimation_competition\BFX_website\BFX_Website\bfx_logo_facebook.png]
 <http://www.bfxfestival.com/>

[http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/Images/QueensAwardLogo.jpg]

Awarded for world-class computer animation teaching
with wide scientific and creative applications

BU is a Disability Two Ticks Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer
charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be
found on the BU DisabledGo webpages. This email is intended only for the person
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email,
which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary
companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its
subsidiary companies via email.