Different software for different tasks and just pick the best Software
available at the time, total compartmentalization.

example ( / slashes = "or" )

Modeling (Softimage/Blender +Marvelous Deisgner) Sculpting
(Mudbox/ZBrush/Blender) Retopo (ZBrush/Houdini) UV's (semi-automated via
Houdini) Painting (Mudbox/Substance) Rigging+Animation (Houdini/Akeytsu)
everything else i.e. Shading/Lighting/Hair/Dynamics/etc. (Houdini/Unreal
Engine 4 + Add-ons)

There will never be a replacement for Softimage and what it meant to us.
The above example is at least a high quality replacement for modern times,
fully powerful and optimized for each individual task and you can always
swap out a part or add in an extra piece.