Hi, I hope this time my post will make it to this list.
As of now I have about 5 months of houdini experience. And I am totally in
love with it, and love is growing by the minute.
At this moment and personally, I feel the biggest fault in H is the UI real
estate it seems to claim.
As a Generalist/Td one has to access all aspects of a project during the
course of a day. At the moment this is already fastidious.
Way too many dives IN/OUT to have access a given param. Promoting is ok,
but I consider it, to some extend, a waste of time since u have to "stop"
to promote. And that doesnt usually place the param where u need it to be.
(finger tips)
Hou needs to improve VASTLY on filtering. (hello 16.5)
Viewport Display filter (geometry, nulls, bones, curves, pointclouds, vdb,
isolate selected (without scene interference) etc... )
Tree view (Softimage explorer like) Urgently ! ( multi-selection, selected
obj only, parameters only, takes, groups, material, stylesheets ,etc.. )

Currently treeview has some filters i mentioned already in place, yet far
from optimal. "Takes" have to be checked with a specialized  "treeview"
like window. Thats quite similar to the obtuse "Mayan" approach. Aka 1
editor per task. (Layer editor, Group editor, Take editor, StyleSheet
editor.... )

Blender has one really neat feature on its 'node view' where parameters are
already exposed on the node's box:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bensimonds.files.wordpress.com_2011_06_defocus-5Fe1.gif&d=DwIFaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=Wd_RyGDz-lg9sFrxP9AaL7w8BRt4WRlf2KoPR3t7JKw&s=aFeQpnoXniNfBvpjRgkA7B8SqipiNq_YU_y5h5j32hk&e=

So basically, I feel houdini's interface still remains too much on your
face, as opposed to ur work. Granted Im only starting, but  that's my 2
cents atm.
Luv,
Al.

Alex Doss