The folder was labeled IRIX version. It contains a lot of tarballs, maybe it
is the linux version. On the other hand the installation guide contains how
to install an run "XSI 3.0 on IRIX". It also says how to install the windows
and linux version, so I'm not sure anymore what I have here. But it seems
XSI 3 was indeed available for IRIX.

Snip:

Starting XSI on IRIX

To start XSI on an IRIX system

Choose Softimage Products > SOFTIMAGE XSI_3.0 from the Toolchest.

Note

If you start XSI from the Toolchest, you may want to open a console window
to monitor any error messages that may occur while you're working with XSI.

To open a console window, choose System > Start New Console from the
Toolchest.

Starting from an IRIX Shell

You can also start from a shell if you want to start XSI using specific
options.

1.      From your user account, type source ~/.xsi_3.0

Note

You must now source the .xsi_3.0 file manually because the .cshrc file no
longer sources the environments needed.