the thread on the redhsift forums where I posted, that/how it actually
works with the shader custom attribute overwrite

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.redshift3d.com_forums_viewthread_15100_P15&d=DwIBaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=wpQCrPcGHhsCpW_WC3wpYn8vgEsKGBq3vvEVVK0Zyu0&s=0gZKLNh6V6yTIPLIKZ5Lr6Mjw_ur2X6OJTcnjEbGZAc&e=