I know this is totally out of your focus but have you tried Octane
Standalone?
You also do have it as Houdini plugin and it can easily transfer complete
scene data to a standalone app for further look dev/rendering, with a
single click of a button...

Just my 2ct.

Cheers.
Ivan

Ivan Vasiljevic
-
Lighting TD
Founder, Digital Asset Tailors
-
web:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__digitalassettailors.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=PQujIRYc9U7He-NJBF2FMp2dnZchPHIsimkLSQe-j88&s=R_IuPott2klkRKyTzwjM3_TXvD8Vh38RXLiJjlz11rQ&e=
email:  i...@digitalassettailors.com