Hello.

I have published a book in 2018 with dialogues/poetry/philosophy alongside
printed paintings done with corel painter and softimage.
The book is i believe still available on amazon french or italy or deutch
or japan, or somewhere else still sure(  28€ ) though the book is bilingual
french and english written original by author ( me) its called << Le Scema
de Taltli>> with subtitles:<<Geometrie de la Constellation Revee>>&
<<Geography of the Constructed Mind>>.
It goes alongside a movie which is called << le Schema de Taltli >> 14 min
28 sec softimage.
Music by me. Watch it here:

https://u9432639.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=lIXdN6W56FnEjHCwrBXqOq0HQNpV0huvAGw1zu6Xp8eVQuk2cNZiNFjx2k-2FfTNchuBwEphadrRc9OmY-2FzBwckqYOoiCyH4ZXjsWWNx-2BRNylzBrlldxkTHhMoi51c070RXhLpKlc-2BBNsP-2Flbx1LYDeP-2B2G0tjNV82H613Dnzh9zDJRIMmRjhhg1OSb-2BKc8Igfb621DHsVwRmZchvz8r5gliww4qkOLdWn-2FBWoeWXJGf5gTbJlc-2BPsgV9jm-2B6FeTWZReLugm7IniO54ES89G6QNXDRzRp3tspAsJ7HAdSSwbBDY3-2F-2B6PAXQzeGyW0nB4F6oKzfdpVlZk8Re7yaGa1h2I3PXLLULtLE5blOo2NOLdAJYy7IWGZegqi9fiPKz6tq_a6oQc7tnfcb0GKvoO27fPkrQ0ATQyF1SDBXJOg7-2FbuTYxSxss7NtZuUniL8kSv8ns4E0VeH16eJ-2BIq-2FuaHLgT1EYTZpoSBJgM3lqEqcdS1eVzP-2Baw0mgxlgLrQMlkwTfZJtgeZvb1IGybTUyJ2KeubigxRfm8uUFJQfKrzXHeKJCuJUwI38hpJ7EB1SGSIL5klf0lW-2FLeyDOLPKtUfGOmhPW4err1fxxSPZAJnmnG6Ed6gQkGSmav-2FPOnBrcEu0K

Since then i am working on a feature but try to show a parcel of the very
huge project to an art gallery to get finance to pay some one or more
freelance which could share files with me working fbx on softimage.

Over years of study after this rough sketch which you can see on my website
( as « le Schema de Taltli » )  i have quite refined my mastery at drawing
with softimage but would not want to spoil the surprise of my way of new
softimage kind of drawing and so i don’t show any new stuff now. I can say :
Its neither cartoony neither photorealist as i am foremost an artist in the
XXst century sense of being an « artist » but want to develop as such
within the cinema element and the 3D elements.
If i work with financing co-creative co-actors they could use softimage or
houdini the requisite is sharing files via fbx.
Good to know from you that houdini is simpler than i thought. ( I thought
from watching different tutorials, that it was difficult to remember in
your brains memory the codes lines for modifying the geometries and be
innovatingly using this software like i am now more at ease with
reinventing way of working with 3D via softimage)
At the moment i am in the meantime writing a novel in order to see clearer
the way direction of my movie goes. I am inventing everything and do not
rely on classical screenwriting nor on classical direction.
I believe that’s the opportunity offered by 3D which is missed when you or
it seems sometimes the whole us and eu industry ) try to copycat star wars .

Writing and seeing this list vanishing is exasparating as i fear not never
getting this first parcel of feature on the rail and work one day soon
hopefully with co-creatives on this large scale innovative project.

I did a ziggurat this summer with ice and my friends who have seen it find
this «  great art » and marvelous so its encouraging. I am currently
working on «  Julioh » who is an angel with blue wings but who would this
time appear in 3d in the way i am sketching it off the computer ( new way
of understanding 3d i believe ).
(
Le Schema de Taltli by
Mathyas Jacqmain
)

Le sam. 11 janv. 2020 à 15:30, Jordi Bares <jordiba...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> What kind of work do you do? Or aim to?
>
> Houdini is not hard at all unless you want to get into abstract graphics
> and serious VFX.
>
> jb
>

> On 11 Jan 2020, at 11:07, Nicole Beeckmans-Jacqmain <arc.ann...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I am using softimage as a painter in movement.
> I need to think and write a lot before painting.
> I need to speed up before the license ends. Its distressing.
> I don’t have the lifespan to learn houdini.
>

> Le sam. 11 janv. 2020 à 02:11, Stephen Davidson <magic...@bellsouth.net>
> a écrit :
>
>> I still make money using it for all my 3D work. Even though Redshift 3D
>> no longer supports it, I still use the last version that works with XSI.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020, 7:38 PM Matt Lind <speye...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Most telling statistic is that Stephen Blair is the top poster of the
>>> year, and he typically only posts the Friday Flashback thread.  I almost
>>> tried to avoid the list this year and I still ended up in the top ten.
>>>
>>> Once support left the product, so did the users.
>>>
>>> I'm curious to know how many people are still actively using XSI. I
>>> don't mean tinker with it, but actually using it regularly for meaningful
>>> work.
>>>

>>> Matt

>>> Feeling a little maudlin at those figures.
>>>
>>> Had a quick look back at list activity:
>>>
>>> 2011 – 2013: holding pretty steady at around 12k posts a year. 2014: 14k
>>> posts (eol announcement) 2015: 4055 (crazy drop off) 2016: 3282 2017: 2311