It is hard go move away from XSI if you still can go back…the same with
languages, only full immersion works and the results are normally astonishing
in the sense that you will feel confident much sooner than you think.

But I do certainly understand the need for being productive and it is not an
easy task with any package.

My suggestion would be do one small job with it, no effects, just something
easy, materials/render kind of thing…  hire a Houdini artist to help you out on
the transition and execution of the job and you will be moving on the right
track.

Regarding your question, I am also interested, it has been more than 8 years
since the announcement so it is quite telling there are still artists using it.
XSI was so freaking good!

jb