We (Solr devs) never discussed it... A quick gmail search shows it's
been brought up on the Lucene and Nutch lists.

-Yonik

On 8/23/06, Yoav Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
I thought we discussed this already, mostly concluding UIMA was an
IBM-proprietary bear that's not only far from a standard at this
point, but not that promising and therefore not worth pursuing.  But
it could be that we didn't actually have that discussion on this
mailing list: I may have had it in private with a couple of friends
who use Solr instead.  Does anyone else remember discussing it here,
perhaps among the committers before we had the public solr-dev mailing
list?

Yoav

http://dl.alphaworks.ibm.com/technologies/uima/UIMA_SDK_Users_Guide_Reference.pdf