Ok, let me show an example.  Assume, I want to perform the following
search: cat AND dog.  I can perform it 3 different ways:

a) simply search for: cat AND dog (cat +dog)
b) search for: cat dog (assuming schema.xml has <solrQueryParser
defaultOperator="AND"/>
c) search for: cat dog (passing q.op=AND query parameter to the
requesthandler).

I am wondering I can do something similar to b) and c) if I want
to perform a prefix query (of phrasequery)...

Ideally, I would like to have a parameter similar to defaultOperator,
like defaultQueryType which can take on values PREFIXQUERY, PHRASEQUERY
in which case the query string won't be parsed by QueryParser and will
interpreted as a prefix query.  E.g., assume I have
<solrQueryParser defaultQueryType="PREFIXQUERY"/> in my schema.xml

and I search for: solr, then it will be interpreted as the solr* query
in the current context (which is a prefix search, because currently
the queryparser parses the query string by default).

thanks,
mirko