On 16-Sep-07, at 5:43 PM, Ed Summers wrote:

If necessary I'd like to help out getting SOLR-216 [1] applied. The
python client that's currently in the trunk is horribly broken with
the server implementation. What remains to be done?

It is on my list of things to review, though I'm working on a release deadline and haven't had much solr time.

The most important thing that is lacking in my mind is a test suite. It is great that you identified the unicode bug, but I would feel much better if we could add that test case to unittest_solr.py and verify that it doesn't recur in the future. This would also catch cases such as the client getting out of sync with the server.

We could make it run against the example, frinstance.

-Mike