I think its safe to say we that the solr wiki is not nearly as complete as it could/should be. I've added a ton of stuff to 1.3 that needs some documentation. Beyond the normal, 'I dislike writing docs' thing, I find writing things in MoinMoin disappointing and even less fun then it needs to be. For all the work you put into it, it never really looks good.

Compare:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultiCore
To:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/dropdownchoice-examples.html

I know it is a bit severe to suggest switching wikis, but I'll throw it out there and see how you all feel about it.

If we did decide to switch, importing should not be too hard:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/MoinMoin+Importer

Another cool thing about the Confluence wiki is a plugin that takes wiki snapshots for each release. I remember some concern with apache licensing issues.... wicket does it, so maybe its ok
http://code.google.com/p/couldit-autoexport/

Another crazy suggestion from ryan?
Maybe I should sleep on it?
thoughts?