I second that; it's always difficult to maintain documentation but having a
good looking end result always seem to reduce the amount of effort... Plus,
using Confluence, there are certainly a few things that could be nicely
linked to Jira (both being Atlassian products with a nice license for Open
Source projects).
I guess a 'prototype/proof-of-concept' conversion would need to be made
first; count me in if I can help.