: Javadocs aren't appropriate for documenting configuration and RequestHandler
: parameters/usage.  These are used by many non-java folks and should have
: nothing to do with the java class structure/methods/etc

i agree that the generated javadocs are not very freindly for end users,
but i think there is a lot of value in this kind of documentation living
in the code so it can be kept uptodate as the code is changed (hence my
suggestion about maybe having a custom doclet for generating a more user
freindly output of just the freeform "class" javadocs (without the methods
and package structure information)

: I'm not sure #2 is a big deal.  The cwiki info site specifically says
: "Incidental comments about a page would not require that a CLA to be on file"

Ah ... good call.

: > : 2. We keep http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ as an unofficial sandbox and pre

: > i'm assuming we might eventually want to migrate this to a seperate cwiki
: > space just for our own sanity (single syntax, single look/feel, etc...) but
: > i agree this doesn't need to happen any time soon.

: My thought is that nothing new would go there.  Hopefully we could make the
: "sandbox" a section of cwiki with no user permissions that does not get
: included in the docs.

that's great ... but it stil leaves the MoinMoin wiki getting old,
stagnent, looking different from everything else, and requiring a
differnet syntax to be edited (like when we want to note that a param has
been deprecated in later versions of Solr or something) ... it becomes an
"image problem" to leave it up and running for very long.

-Hoss