: instead of using
:
: import static org.apache.solr.util.SolrPluginUtils.*;
:
: there is an inner class as follows

that was intentional ... i'm not a fan of import static in cases like this
(Utility classes with *lots* of static methods).  it pollutes the
namespace of the current class and makes it hard for people reading the
code doing the importing to realize which method calls are static and
come from another utility class.

When people see U.foo(bar) it should be obvious that's a static method
comming from some Utility class U ... we've just "aliased" U to
SolrPluginUtils -- and it's easy to see that using any IDE with
knowledge of the class hierarchy (or in my case: "grep").

-Hoss

  • contrived use of exten... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
    • Re: contrived use... Chris Hostetter
      • Re: contrived... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
        • Re: contr... Chris Hostetter
          • Re: c... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
            • ... Chris Hostetter
              • ... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्