This kind of usage is uncommon anywhere. Maybe ,static import pollutes
the namesapce, but users are more used to this (because the language
recommends this). The reason for introducing static import was to
avoid this kind of clever tricks. If you are using any modern IDE , it
tells you whether is is static or where it belongs to.

may be we should not do a
import static foo.Foo.*
we can do
import static foo.Foo.a;
import static foo.Foo.b;

we must import only those methods we wish to use (to minimize pollution).

--
--Noble Paul
  • contrived use of exten... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्