On a related note, I can see a CHANGES.txt inside client/java/solrj folder.
However, it has not been updated with many changes that have took place in
Solrj. I wasn't even aware of it's existence until recently.

Two options:
1. We merge it with the main changelog file and delete it
2. We gather all SolrJ changes from the main changelog and put it here

If we decide to go for the 2nd route, is a separate changelog needed for DIH
as well?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.