: I think, eventually, and I really hate to say this b/c classloading is a
: nightmare, but we may want to look into isolated classloaders or OSGi or
: something for the Solr Home lib directory.  The benefits being that I already
: see library collisions in our future.

we already have clasloaders isolated by SolrCore.  multiple plugins used
by the same core with conflicting dependencies might cause library
collision, but i don't see how that would be much different using any
other approach.  if we switch to a config management framework that
already has "plugin management" as a feature then by all means lets use
it, but i don't think we need to go looking for a change -- we've alrady
done the hard work.

-Hoss