A solution that I'd considering implementing for Drupal's ApacheSolr module is to do a *:* search and then make tag clouds from all of the facets. Pretty easy to sort all the facet terms into bins based on the number of documents they match, and then to translate bins to font sizes. Tag clouds make a nice alternate representation of facet blocks.

Robert Douglass

The RobsHouse.net Newsletter:
http://robshouse.net/newsletter/robshousenet-newsletter
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertDouglass